EXPECT TO RECEIVE

EXPECT TO RECEIVE 

Acts3:1-10

It is easy for us to get use to some things that have stayed with us so long, such that we don't expect a change. The story is told of a man who was born lame and had lived with it for over 40 years, begging for alms at the gate of the temple. He woke up as usual to his daily routine of hopelessness, begging for alms not knowing that it was his appointed time for a notable miracle. There was no hunger for a change unlike blind Bartimaeus in Mk10:46-47 who was also a beggar and desired more than begging. He heard that Jesus was passing and began to cry for the Master's attention. They tried to stop him but he cried the more a great deal. He got what he wanted through persistence. Jesus stopped and saw that he was blind and was a beggar but needed to be sure of what he wanted, rather than assume that a beggar will always want money. He asked in vs51 what do you want me to do for you? He said that I may receive my sight. He got his sight. You will get your miracle today.

The man at the beautiful gate wanted the attention of men but got the attention of God. As his custom was, he wanted alms from these gentlemen going into the temple. Peter and John told him to look on them. He was expecting to receive something from them. What you don't expect, you are not permitted to experience. He gave heed and got healed. Where you look and what you hear determines what you get ( what happens in your life)

When it is your turn, things will turn around.

They were Helpers of destiny. People who lift you up. Peter didn't just pray for him, he also helped him up. Your destiny helpers will look for you. When the man saw Peter's action, he was inspired. Immediately his feet and ankle bone received strength. Peter did what no man had ever done to him. His faith rose. If this man can believe in me that I can do it, then I should believe in myself. I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. He began to leap, not limp. I see someone taking giant strides. The Lord will do for you exceeding, abundantly, above all that we ask or think, according to the power that that works in you. 

Prayer: Lord let my life be filled with wonders and amazement. A new me will emerge. Change my story and status. Shalom

Folake Olukoyede 

Comments

  1. Hmm, my faith has been lifted this morning. Thank you and remain blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen in Jesus name. Thank you and more blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you ma, this morning my faith has been lifted up more in the mighty name of Jesus.
    You are blessed ma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord let my destiny helpers locate me in JesJ name amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Nice come may God increase our faith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uncontrollable Circumstances of life

DON’T GIVE UP

COUNT IT ALL JOY